Friday, January 15, 2016

Thursday through Friday January 14-15, 2016

It's been a busy few days. We still have 5 cats at our door. And it's sooo cold, I feel so sorry for them. A friend is going to pick up 3 of them tomorrow. Is anyone out there needing a couple cats? They're really pretty and very friendly. We've decided someone must have dumped them off, they're not wild cats at all. We can easily pick them up and pet them. (Well, I do, Orrin's not really a cat person, he's barely a dog person!)

Yesterday morning I decided I'd better make a salad to take along up north. When that was done,I got ready to head to Graceville. Before I left, Orrin called to tell me he was on the way home! I had expected him on Friday, so that was a surprise. I guess they didn't think he needed the stress test. All of his tests, etc., went well. Whew, big sigh of relief.

So I drove up to Garnet's. All of the birthday party ladies were there, even Marlene. She's in the home now, and scheduled to move into the assisted living there. It was so nice to see them, and visit with everyone. We all agreed that we missed Jane. A lot. We played some dice after lunch, a new game, but a simple one. Well, new to me. I love Garnet and Armand's house, it belonged to his grandmother, I believe. I left there early enough so I was home before dark. Orrin had actually beat me home.

This morning I straightened out the house and cleaned up the mess I'd left in the kitchen. My friends from work, Sharlene and Carrie came for lunch, and again it was a great time to visit. Carrie wanted to see my cutting machines in action, so I got the Cricut out and also the Big Shot Plus. I was embarrassed that I was a bit slow in getting the Cricut going, I hadn't used it for quite a while. But not I think I'm going to have to cut some things. Carrie said she might come back another day and do some more. And Sharlene said they would take 3 of the cats! Yeaaaa!!

Then we all left for Clear Lake to meet up with some work friends. All but just a couple will be done on Monday, I think there will be 30 left, but who knows for how long? So sad. I just stayed for an hour, most of my closer friends from those days were not there. It will probably be the last time for one of these get-togethers. Quite a few of them do have jobs lined up so I was really pleased for them.

I must have turned my ankle at some point, because it is really sore now. Not sure when that happened, but I grabbed one of Orrin's canes, and that helped. 

I don't think I had mentioned, but last fall I joined an online birthday-crafting club. We send cards to three people each month that have birthdays, and then on our birthday, we get cards from 36 (supposedly) people. It's been fun to see the creativity. I have gotten 15 so far, so don't know if I'll reach that 36 mark, but it doesn't matter. The cards all have to be hand made, so they're all special.

And that's about it for tonight. 

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

No comments:

Post a Comment