Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Well, here I am, having missed a few days again. Not too much going on, so that's the problem. Friday, Delores did call and invite us over for Darwin's birthday. There are several of us with January birthdays, so it was a group celebration. 

I was going to bake bread anyway, so decided to bake buns instead, so I did that and took a couple dozen along for supper. Delores had made a couple of really good soups, and other goodies were brought, so had lots to eat! Kathy and Terry, Betty and Pete, Donna and Marv, Karyl and Jim (Moeller), Dean and Connie and the kids were all there as well. We had a really good visit, it had been ages since we had seen some of them. Before we knew it, it was 11:30 and way past time to go home! So by the time we did get home, I was too tired to write much.

Yesterday was pretty much a non-event. I did some laundry and some cleaning up, Orrin was in the shop until noon, and that's about it.

This morning was early church and bible study. We've moved on into 2nd Corinthians and actually made some progress today, we finished the 1st chapter!  After church, Krauses and us had lunch together at the Roadstop (I think that's what it's called). We actually all had breakfast, and it was very good.

Before we went home, we stopped at Menard's to find a humidifier. We're hoping that it will help our dry coughs we've been plagued with the last week or so. We are so pathetic, we changed into our pj's when we got home! We put on the golf channel and Orrin kind of dropped off right away. I decided I was going to get that humidifier out of the box and set up. It actually was quite simple so it didn't take me that long to do it. I filled it up with distilled water, so now we'll see if it helps. I displaced Teddy's spot for his bed with the humidifier and got a few dirty looks from him, but he'll adjust.

Wendy sent some pictures of her fishermen and their catches, looks like they had a good day. Tim and Matthew had met Jeremy in eastern South Dakota for some fishing. Wendy and Eli stayed home, Eli had Destination Imagination yesterday. So they had some quality time together.

Oh, Dan and Tosha, in visiting with Karyl and Jim Moeller we discovered that Lance Waege is Karyl's nephew! Small WELS world, yet again. I guess I never knew what Karyl's maiden name was. 

And that's all from western Minnesota. It was a pretty nice day today, sure hope it stays that way through tomorrow, as I have appointments in Montevideo.

Hugs from Orrin, Linda and a grumpy dog
  
Each one should use each gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment