Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Monday/Tuesday, January 25-26, 2016

Hmm, here I am again, combining two days! I truly was going to write last night, but for some reason I was just really tired. I think driving in bad weather just took the sap right out of me.

Yesterday I realized that I had an appointment at 12, not at 2, so I hurried up and did a few things before I took off. The weather reports were iffy, but decided it wasn't all that bad. I had haircut, manicure and pedicure appointments and I was supposed to have a chiropractic appointment after that.

It was snowing when I left (I took the pickup) but not too hard, and really didn't seem that bad. I made it to Montevideo in plenty of time, and the gals got me in and done up as quick as possible. The pedicure felt really good, I hadn't had one since late last summer. In the meantime, the snow kept falling. But I'd driven in worse! I made a quick stop at the library and then headed home. The first several miles were not nice at all, but there was always visibility. By the time I got to Dawson, it had let up quite a bit. The storm was coming from the west and heading northeast, so I had driven out of it. I stopped at Subway and picked up supper, and then decided I would cancel the chiro appointment and reschedule. I just wanted to get home at that point. We only got an inch or two total.

And like I said, I was just exhausted at that point. We ate an early supper and I fell asleep on the couch by 7! 

Orrin had a very unpleasant night again, he's had this cough that just doesn't go away. So when he woke up this morning, he said he was going in. He called the clinic and got an appointment for 10:30. He also had some parts ready in Watertown, so it was a multipurpose trip! He got in, had some lab work (it wasn't strep) and saw the doctor. Probably the fastest appointment ever! He got some powerful antibiotics and she gave him a sample of dulera, as he had asthma like symptoms. We'll see how that all goes. I told him that our insurance did not cover dulera, but this was just a sample thing for now. I think he's doing better already.

We did make a stop at HyVee and picked up a few things. 

I had a book that was due and couldn't be renewed, so I decided I would just get it read before I returned it! It was the new Harry Bosch book by Michael Connelly and very good. So I did something I haven't done in a long time, and read a book in one day! 

And now that's the end of the day. Hope your day was a good one!

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy
  
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment