Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thursday, Another Fine Day, March 12, 2015

Whoops, I missed another day.  We woke up yesterday to a fine mess in the basement.  Our water line had froze up from the house again, and we had water down there.  Obviously from the toilet.  So, no using the toilet, the sink, anything!  We vacuumed up the water, threw out a few things, and then I took a bucket of clorox water and started mopping.  Luckily it wasn't too far into the basement (there's a slope down there.) so it wasn't too bad.  The guy to deal with the blockage couldn't make it until the afternoon, so that meant we weren't going to make church.  Sigh.  Anyway, he did come, did clear up the blockage in short time, and all is well.  Just a day spent doing something we hadn't really cared to do.  I didn't even get a walk in on such a nice day.  :(  We did finish up in the bedroom, moved things around and vacuumed and dusted.  We are ready for that bed!

I finished a few things in the bedroom this morning, and then moved into the kitchen.  More decluttering.  Started working on the table, but didn't get too far with that.  How does so much stuff always get piled on the table?  Grrrr.

Then the two fellows delivered the bed.  It only took about an hour to set it up.  And, actually, it looks more roomy in there than it did before!!!  Go figure.  It probably took me longer to put the bedding on it than it took them to set it up.  That split in the top part made it a challenge, I could barely reach across to tuck that part in.  I told Orrin he could help next time.  We're looking forward to our first sleep in it tonight.
Hmm, there should be another picture, but it hasn't uploaded yet.  I'll add it tomorrow.
I did get a walk in with Teddy while they were working.  I thought it would be chilly, because there was quite a breeze, but it was really pleasant.  I'll have to slowly work back up to the distance I was doing last fall.  It is supposed to cool down again next week, back to more normal March temps. 

It was a couple of busy days.  And now we're ready for nighty night.

Hugs,  Orrin, Linda and Teddy

No comments:

Post a Comment