Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday, First day of Spring!! March 20, 2015

I didn't have a post last night, because, frankly, it was a pretty dull day.  About the only thing that happened is that Ted and I went for a very short walk.  Heading south was brutal, the wind really cut.  Heading back north wasn't too bad, but I think my sniffles that I've been battling today were a result of that little walk.

It was a little busier today.  I did some major cleaning up in the kitchen area (and it's a mess again tonight, more on that later)  I've been on my feet since then.  I cleaned 4 lbs. of strawberries, oh, they're so nice and red and sweet!  Also cut up 2 cantaloupes.  I'll bring a lot of that to Gibbon, the boys like cantaloupe.  Not sure about strawberries, but my big boy likes them.  :)

I still have to cut up the broccoli and jicama, but they don't take long.  I fried up 6 lbs. of burger, using some of it for hamburger hot dish tonight, and some also for chow mein hot dish, so Orrin has something to eat next week.  I snuck in a couple loads of laundry too.

Patty called from Needleworks and said that Mark wouldn't be available to help me with the machine until 2, if that was ok.  I said that was fine, maybe it was best to wait until the following week anyway.  I think that would make more sense, tomorrow was looking kind of busy.

Orrin suggested that we go over to Mankato to take Laura and her little family out for her birthday.  I messaged her and she said that later in the day would work better.  So we're going to meet them around 5 for that.  She said that Maria could pick where, so I have a feeling it will be Red Lobster!!  We'll be coming home after, so it will be a quick trip.  I do have a couple things to do there, so that works.

I made 4 loaves of banana bread, which is in the oven right now.  I intend to make banana bars as well, finally use up the bananas that were in the freezer.  So, yes, the kitchen is a bit of a mess again.  Dishes are soaking in the sink and the cupboards are cleaned off again.  :)

I'm leaving Sunday afternoon to stay in Gibbon with the boys while Lisa flies off to Germany!!  Think I'll be able to keep them entertained?  I know they're happy with their screens, but I'm hoping we can think of other things to do.  I'm not sure how much I'll be able to be on here, hopefully it will work.

We watched a couple of movies the last few nights.  I had DVR'd some when there was a free HBO, etc. weekend this winter.  We watched The Face of Love, which was okay, but a little strange.  Tonight we watched August:Osage County which I would definitely NOT recommend.  Lots of bad language.  Orrin fell asleep.  

Well, that's it for tonight, it might be late tomorrow night.  Have a good evening, Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.  Revelation 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment