Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Good evening!  Just finished making a pan of apple bars to take along to Rapid City.  We're going to the national convention of the LWMS. We're leaving early tomorrow morning and will be gone through Sunday, so I will probably not be posting until Monday.  Unless I use Wendy's 'puter and send a few lines.

We were up early this morning to go to Watertown for Orrin's eye appointment.  We stopped at Vicky's to drop Teddy off for a grooming, I was not going to travel with a stinky dog!!  Orrin's appointment went well, not much change.  The doctor said he should keep his eyes lubricated and gave him some drops to start using.

We stopped for a few things at HyVee, they had some good sales, and it was senior discount day!!  I did get 4# of strawberries to clean and bring along.  I know the boys like them.

After that we stopped at Culver's for lunch.  They had Andes Mint Avalanche for FOD, that's Orrin's favorite.  We had also gotten some coupons again, so we shared a value basket of chicken strips and each had a sundae, with a BOGO coupon.  :)  We saw the cutest thing while we were eating.  A little guy, maybe 3 or 4, come in with his mom.  And he was a cowboy!!  From his cowboy hat, to his neck scarf, to his pistol and holster, and right down to his boots and spurs!!  Couldn't help but smile at that.  There is a rodeo happening at Clear Lake, maybe he came from that?  Or maybe he's just a real little cowboy!  I think the spurs were what got us.  LOL That and the swagger.  :)

Then home.  Orrin mowed lawn and I did some packing, baking, etc.  Eileen will be here at 6:30 so we can get an early start.  Opening service is at 7, and she's singing in the choir so needed to be there early for practice.  

We had sweet corn for supper, it was okay, but not real tasty.  I cleaned the strawberries, so they are ready to go. And now I just have a few dishes to do and then off to get some sleep!

Hugs from Orrin, Linda and Teddy.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment