Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June 2, 2015

Whew, it was a windy one today!  And a busy one, too.  This morning I  had book club at the library.  Our book this month was Wish You Well by David Baldacci.  Very different from his usual thriller, but we all agreed very good.  It was written in 2000, so not new, but I do recommend it.  Once I started it, I realized that I had read it before, but I enjoyed it a second time, too.

I stopped at Subway and got some subs for Orrin and I for lunch.  Arlys called and asked if I wanted to golf and I decided that it sounded like a good idea.  We went out on a very windy course, but it was fun.  My score was not good, but I had some good drives.  And considering I hadn't been out since 2013, it wasn't bad at all!  I can feel it in my back tonight, guess I need to get out there more.

This morning I saw a hummingbird!!  I was so excited, it was drinking out of the oriole feeder I'd put out.  Guess they like the same thing.  They had emptied out the feeder, so I went out and filled it again.  And by the time I got home from golf those greedy, hungry little things had emptied it again!  You can see in the picture that it's empty.

So I need to pick up some more juice.  We're really enjoying watching all the activity out there.  I saw a really pretty blue bird with orange belly and was surprised to find out it was a swallow!  I always think of them as being kind of bland. 
Delores had called when I was on the way home, she was working with Hailey on a gown, and they were wanting to add bling.  I said I had a heat tool that did that, so they drove over.  Turned out it wasn't what Hailey had in mind, but we visited anyway.  I think they'll be making a road trip in the next few days to SF to see if they could find what she wanted.  Hope they can.

Well, it's been a long day and I'm tired.  Orrin is already in sleep mode.  I had some thoughts last night about identity, I'll share them another time.

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

You did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.
Romans 8:15

No comments:

Post a Comment