Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8-9, 2015

Okay, I'm kinda skating in on Monday into Tuesday here.  Long story, but I'll make it a short one.  I was just relaxing tonight, watching the MLB draft pick for our niece's son (more below) when Arlys called to ask if I'd forgotten club tonight! Yes, I had and so had Audrey and Darlyne!  Can't believe it, I don't know what I was thinking.  Anyway, talked to Darlyne, and she said she'd pick me up as soon as she got ready.  I hurried and got ready too, and we did make it to Janet's by 8:30.  Plenty of time for dessert and cards and good fun!  It wasn't our regular Monday, but that was no excuse, I had it in my date book and still forgot!  So I got home a little bit ago, which explains why this is getting done so late.

Tonight was the MLB draft, and Carisa's son (Wayne's grandson) was on the list.  Information below.  There's a video at the MLB.com site as well.  So excited for him, that's quite an honor for a high school graduate.  We sure wish him the best.  He was picked #69 by the Washington Nationals.

 Thought to be the best high school player in the state of Arizona heading into the 2015 season, the toolsy Perkins hasn't disappointed, with the outfielder having a solid senior campaign to put him in top five round consideration. A right-handed hitting center fielder, Perkins is a lean, wiry and athletic athlete with raw tools and room to add strength. He has some bat speed and strike zone knowledge, with that added strength, along with better positioning of his hands, allowing him to be a more dangerous hitter in the future. There could be some power there to come as well. Perkins is a plus runner who likes to runs the bases well and covers a lot of ground in the outfield, one who can stick in center field with an average arm. There is some upside with Perkins and the team that believes in that ceiling will take him and try to sign him away from his Arizona State commitment.

Not too much else to report.  I filled the feeders, and we took a walk.  It got quite hot, so didn't take a very long one.  Orrin had  his checkup today, with bloodwork.  All the numbers were good, so it went well.

Enjoyed the pictures of Cami's graduation party, too.  Looks like a good time. 

And I think I'll call it a night (morning?)
Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment