Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Boy, it really got hot today!!  Up to 92 on my car thermometer.  I got the kitchen cleaned up this morning and destashed a bunch of old mail.  Gonna keep at that until this room is cleaned out, I have other things in mind for it!!

I went over to Montevideo for my hair and nail therapy.  That always feels good!  I told Orrin I'd pick up Chinese for supper.  I stopped at the Monte library before my appointment and picked up some more reading material, I wouldn't dare run out, you know!

I  had a pedicure too, today, it felt so good!  She always rubs out the rough spots and I have to hang on to the chair, because it tickles so much on the bottom of my foot!  But now they're all pretty again!  My hair is pretty short this time, but we are slowly getting all the color cut off.  Dori thinks it will be pure white, and I'm sure it will be.

After, I stopped at WalMart to pick up a few things for recipes I saw on facebook.  One was for a spray to keep mosquitoes away, and the other one was for cleaning tubs.  That one called for cleaning vinegar, which I  had never heard of!  But there really is such a thing.

I drove through some heavy rain on the way home.  I thought we would have a nice amount here, but it barely registered on the rain gauge.  I talked to Kathy later and she said they had about .8" with some hail.  I guess they had some hail in Canby too.  The temperature dropped from 92 to 70 on the way home!  That's kind of scary.

So we ate our Chinese, and then I mentioned going to the movie in town.  Much to my surprise, Orrin got ready to do that!  He rarely goes to the movies, he much prefers to watch them on the tv from his recliner..lol. We saw "Spy" with Melissa McCarthy.  It was pretty funny, kind of far out there, with lots of bad language, so I wouldn't recommend it for young children.   It was just fun to go to the theater once, and  like to support the new theater.  And of course, you can't go to a movie without popcorn and pop!  Since we had a big supper, we brought half the popcorn home with us. 

And now Orrin is already in bed, and I'm thinking that's a good idea.  Have a nice evening and we'll see you same time, same place, tomorrow.  (Maybe earlier, as we're going out for supper)

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

His mercies are new every morning.  Lamentations 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment