Sunday, June 7, 2015

June 7, 2015 Sarah's birthday!

I was going to post last night but in thinking over the day I couldn't come up with one interesting thing.  Laundry? Dishes? Starting a walk and getting sprinkled on? So I left it.  I woke up around 2 am and then couldn't get back to sleep until 5.  Not good.

This morning was better.  We went to early church (I warned Orrin that I might fall asleep in church since my night was so bad) but I did make it through just fine.  Very good sermon.  Also, we burned the church mortgage.  I don't think we'd ever been to one of those before.  After church there was a meeting in the fellowship hall to discuss the direction of the church.  Different things that needed to be done were listed, and then there was a longer discussion on starting a daycare.  Planning on building onto the school was part of that discussion as well.  Our president and treasurer and Pastor Janke did a very good job of presenting all this.  And it was very well attended.  Lots of good possibilities there.  It will be interesting to see how this will all play out.  All of it with God's direction and His plan, of course.

After church, Orrin and I had a regular dinner at Culver's, which was a nice change.  Then off to WallyWorld to pick up our prescriptions plus a few other things.  Teddy hasn't had his wet food all week since I forgot to pick some up.  So he was thrilled when he finally got some!  Then we had several things to pick up at Menard's.  Orrin needed a new pressure washer since his had given up the ghost on Saturday.  He found a really good deal on one.  I got a humungous bag of bird seed, these birds have turned out to be hungry!  LOL  After that we headed home.

Orrin had a couple things to do in the shop, and I had a nap I needed to take.  Hope I can sleep tonight now.  We really need to work on our sleep patterns.  I talked to Wendy on the way home and she said that Trey and Zoe were in SD and they were waiting for them to come for a visit today.  Hope that worked out. 

Also saw on pictures that both the great-granddaughters were flower girls yesterday!  I knew they were going to be, just hadn't connected the dots on them being both on the same day.  Maria was flowergirl for her uncle Karl Madetzke, and Riley was flowergirl for her aunt Jen Hammerschmidt.  Not sure how a 1 yr. old flowergirl worked out but she was her godchild.  I remember we had Chris and Barb for our flowergirls and they were only 2!  Deb was my miniature bride at 4 and she kind of herded the other 2.  Lori was a baby, and David had just started walking.

Well, that's about it for tonight, hope you all had a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

Then you will call upon Me and com and pray to Me, and I will hear you. You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment