Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Good evening!  It continues to be cool and feels like it should rain.  We got a tenth yesterday, wish it would have been more.  It rained quite heavy over by Clear Lake.

I cleaned the strawberries and the melons yesterday morning, and made a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  I had Treadlers in the afternoon, so took a few cookies and melons with me.  I finally found the quilt I had been working on last year, so took that along.  I had rushed with it last year, so I unpinned, reset the backing, added some to the sides and repinned.  I started tying it, and got about 2/3 of it done before we stopped to eat.  We always eat well, pot luck seems to work out that way.  Found out that building across from the co-op was going to be another Dollar General.  They sure are putting a lot of those up, one in Canby, Dawson, Milbank and Madison, too.  We had gone in the one in Ortonville, and were just not that impressed.  But it would be a gain for these small towns, I suppose, people may stay and shop in town.

This morning I started cleaning out the office/computer area.  I cleaned out the file drawers and threw away a ton of stuff.  Some of it was pretty old.  Found out that Teddy will be 10 in August!  I'm about half way done with this project.  I filled two large boxes with trash.  :)  Good feeling.  But then I sat down after lunch and slept for an hour!!  I don't know why I do that, maybe it's my meds.

We got the new control for Orrin's side of the bed and I think we worked for at least an hour getting that synced with the bed.  It should be good to go now.  

I cleaned out the north bedroom, I had stacked all the things from the sewing room in there.  Several things will go to GSI again.  There are still boxes in the hall, but it's a start!  Still haven't found my sewing machine hoops.  

We are sitting up waiting for our ND people, they should be here any minute.  Yeaaa!!

Hugs, Orrin, Linda, Teddy and soon Cori, Isaiah and Riley

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." -Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment