Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursday, May 21, 2015

What a beautiful day!  Sunshine and just a mild wind.  I started getting things together for our weekend trip.  I started a couple cards, to be finished later.  I stayed busy all morning, but can't think of anything specific I did!!  Seemed like I got a lot done though!

I went out this afternoon and planted the rest of my flowers.  I got the bed under the window done, and another pot done.  I asked Orrin to help dig the holes for the clematis, and got them in too!  I was hoping to find some fan flowers yet, but filled all the pots without them, so guess I'll forget them this year.  I still have to clean out the beds in front of the porch, they're a mess!  I think my yellow rose bush may have come back, but have to clean out the dead stuff from last year to find it.

I just made burgers and tater tots for supper, quick and easy.  I was pretty stiff from bending over all afternoon, so I needed quick and easy.  Then I put together the cards.  A graduation card for the neighbor, and birthday cards for Cori and Riley.  I embossed Cori's card, something new for me.  I still have to wrap Riley's gift, we can do that in the morning.

Now I am going to take my stiff body to bed.  I had hoped to get a walk in, but that didn't happen.  Teddy can go with us this weekend, Cori has a huge yard for the dogs to run in.  Last time we were there, though, he just stayed close to me, and watched the other two dogs run.  Go figure.

I probably won't post this weekend, but will try to catch up when we get home.

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

Fern peony is in full bloom now.  The embossing doesn't show up very well on Cori's card.

 “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives, Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  John 14:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment