Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday, May 3, 2015

I am going to get this done early, because I know that once I sit down, it will be lights out!  And that's what has happened the last few nights.  There really wasn't much to post anyway, but still. . .I made the committment.

Orrin and I just came in after working outside this afternoon.  I cleaned off the peonies and part of the flower bed.  He came with his trusty pliers and pulled up those pesky volunteer trees that we always get.  Then he just kept going, while I cleaned up the birdbath and spray painted a couple of the flower tubs with glow in the dark paint.  I saw this on pinterest, and thought it was a good idea, we'll see if it works.  I would have loved to go to Lou's Greenhouse this afternoon, but no sense to that if I didn't have the beds ready.  So that's my goal this week.  My legs were about to give in, so stopped before they did!

Yesterday morning it was the GPLHS delegate meeting, and also the Ladies Auxiliary  meeting.  Since I'm the president, I figured I should go!  Orrin came along for the GPL meeting, he hadn't been to one for awhile.  I guess it was a lively one.  Our auxiliary meeting was fun, not earthshaking.  We had $4000 in funds available for the wish list, so we will be fulfilling quite a few of those wishes.  These are items that the teachers/staff would wish for, and not available from the general school funds.  I think that's the most we've ever had available for the wishes.  After the lunch, we had an appointment at the church to have our pictures taken for the new church directory.  So, guess what, kids, you'll be getting presents early!  LOL  We were home at a decent time, after stopping for a flavor of the day at Culver's (Andes Mint Avalanche, Orrin's favorite).  

This morning it was up early for first service and then bible study.  We just grabbed a quick lunch at, you guessed it, Culver's!  So we were really home early, which gave us time to mess around outside.  Things are really budding out.  Our apple tree is full of blossoms again!  That made Orrin cringe.  I think he was hoping for an off year.  

I ordered a finch feeder, so Orrin set up the iron post thingy for it.  I'll have to remember to pick up feed when I go to town.  Now we will both sit down to watch some tv and probably will both fall asleep!

Have a great evening,  Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy.

I just realized that I hadn't cleaned up around the plants before I took the pictures, it will look better next time!


"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment