Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday, May 17, 2015 Eugene's birthday!!

Hi, here I am a day late again.  We got home at a decent time, but then sat down to watch the DWTS special, and yup, fell asleep.  Then this morning it was hurry up and get to Watertown for church.

We had an interesting day yesterday.  Orrin came in and asked if I wanted to go to Lou's greenhouse before we headed to Ortonville.  I said sure!  I did find several flowering plants, but was very disappointed by their selection.  I did better at Menard's and WalMart today.  They said they were sold out of a lot of things, but it just didn't seem that late to me, especially with the weather.  Oh, well, Orrin said I managed to spend enough anyway!  

After that, we still had an hour to fill before meeting the Fuhrman bunch, so we went into the Dollar General store.  (there isn't much else in Ortonville anymore).  When we were in there, the skies opened up and there was a deluge for about 20 minutes.  There were also tornado warnings, so we moved to the center of the store.  Crazy!  Prior to all this we had driven by the lake and they were weighing fish from a Cabela's fishing tournament, I wonder if they were caught in that rain?!!  All the boats were in, I think, but lots of people standing around, and the rain came pretty quickly.  When we got home, we had about 1/2 inch last night and then another 1/2 inch during the night.

Anyway, then we drove out to the Lakeside Restaurant and met Eugene, Deb, and Chris for a delicious supper.  It was quiet when we first got there, but things got pretty lively and pretty full in a short while.  We finally moved out to the patio so we could visit better, and that was nice.  It's such a pretty place - I took a few pictures.  Deb and Chris had been pretty busy cleaning out Jane's closet and sent several boxes home with us to take to GSI.  Good thing we brought the pickup!  Orrin did that, thinking we'd have more plants than we ended up with.  

I got a new birdfeeder at Menard's to match the finch feeder I'd gotten, but forgot to get birdfeed!  Some days that elevator just doesn't make it all the way up anymore.  Orrin found a new lawn cart that was on sale, too.  He put that together this afternoon and set my plants in it and put them in the garage.  It's just way too windy this afternoon to do much out there with them.  Hoping for a calmer day tomorrow.  Then someone mentioned this morning that there was a chance for frost this week.  ???!!!  Crazy weather.

On the way home and then my poor wind beaten fern peony.

 There were some awesome pictures on Facebook of the double rainbow and the tornado clouds over Odessa, I'll share them there, not sure if they will go out to everyone.

And that's it for tonight!  Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

“Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”
John 15:4

No comments:

Post a Comment