Thursday, April 2, 2015

Maunday Thursday, April 2, 2015

I have a heaviness in my heart as I write this post.  We lost Jane this week, she is in heaven now, having the best Easter ever!!  She had a long battle and much pain, and though she had been making progress, she developed another infection and it was just too much for her frail body.  

I am going to paste Leah's post, and share it here, because she said it so well.

 
This is not a very fun picture. This is suffering. There is little, if any, dignity. Suffering sucks. Really and truly, plain and simple.
But I know my Grandmother took to heart some words of Scripture that she was blessed to learn from infancy on. Romans 8:18, "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."
And now, after fifteen months of suffering, literally feeling, every day, like she had been hit by a truck, my Grandma is in Heaven. We take comfort in God's Word from 1 Corinthians 15 (which quotes Isaiah and Hosea), "Death has been swallowed up in victory." "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
The Lord blessed my Grandma with a husband of nearly 59 years. Grandpa suffered right along with Grandma, standing by her side in sickness. How amazing is the love that he showed her because of what Jesus did for us. My prayers continue for him.
The Lord blessed my Grandma with three loving daughters, one of which is my mother. My mother's faithfulness to her mother is incredible. She served Jesus by serving Grandma. My prayers continue for her and her sisters.
Grandma stood firm in Jesus. My family was so blessed to be able to celebrate Palm Sunday with her in her home congregation. And now she's getting ready to celebrate Easter in Heaven.
I know that my Redeemer lives!

It's been a long journey for her and her family, but what a reward at the end of that journey!!  God be with you all.

It's been terribly windy here for the last few days, and since it's so very dry there is a huge chance of fire.  There was a large fire east of Clear Lake the other day, and Orrin's heard of others as well.  It was up to the 80's yesterday, but we didn't go walking, because it was just too windy.  Here are a couple of pictures from Monday when we did get out.  
  Ted really doesn't care about the wind, but then he's closer to the ground!  I think it was Monday, the days have kind of run together this week.
And here's what was at the shop when we got back.  Isn't that just the cutest thing?  I asked Orrin if we could keep it, and he said if I had around $30K we could.  Guess not.  But it would just be my size.  LOL
I finally got a picture of a robin this morning.  I've seen a few other ones, but they never stayed still long enough to get a picture.
So there is proof that they have finally returned!!  There was more of a chill in the air today, but we know that spring is finally on the way!
I'm hoping that Lisa made it back to the US safely, Al and the boys were going to pick her up today.
Wendy called to say that Jeremy, Laura and Maria surprised them today by showing up in RC!!  What fun for them all, I know they don't get out there that often, so glad that they could.
Jane's funeral is Monday, and we're expecting some family to be coming here for that, so I'm working on getting things shipshape (somewhat).  
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, I will try to get some pictures to share.  
Love, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

PS  Happy Birthday, Kathy!  I can't believe we sat next to you in church tonight, and I forgot all about telling you that!  Hope you had a good party at Dave and Rosie's.  Hugs

Blood Moon Rising – April 4th, 2015  Total eclipse of the moon, when this happens the moon will turn red for about an hour.
Spread the word so everyone can enjoy!

 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. John 11:25-26

 

1 comment: