Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Good Morning!  I am sorry about the lack of posting for the past few days, it's been an eventful week.

Monday I said goodbye to my sister, Jane.  The service was at Trinity in Johnson, and Phil, her grandson gave the sermon.  He did an excellent job.  So many friends, neighbors, and relatives were there to say goodbye, it was just overwhelming.  All of Jane's family, except for the Canadian group and David Rosenow were able to make it.  Most of our's also were able to be there.  Kathy said her and her sister decided to call them fun-erals instead of funerals, since so much reminiscing and visiting are involved.   Orrin and I had driven up Sunday afternoon to see the girls (Jane's daughters)and Eugene and help go through pictures, etc.  I think it will take a while for this all to sink in for me.  I miss her so much already.  But she is in glory now, all the pain and suffering is over, and she is singing in God's chorus.  There were so many people that had driven a long ways to be there, and that is so much appreciated.

After the service and all the visiting, we followed Dan and family to Morris.  They were staying at the Prairie Inn.  So Al and family, and Wendy and boys, Cori and her kiddoes, plus us had a great visit. We seldom are all together, so it was so special.  Lisa had just returned from Germany, so we heard a little about that.   Time went by too fast, then time for real life to return and we headed back home.  Wendy and Cori spent the night, so the boys had a chance to play (wrestle) a bit.  Dogpile!!
And a little uncle time too.  Since Cori moved to Bismark, these guys don't see as much of each other.  They all went out to see Opa's shop and the cute little tractor there.

Wendy had to leave Tuesday morning for home, Eli had baseball!  They made it in time.  I went over to pick up Teddy, and it was pea soup fog in SD.  I could barely see the hood of my car!  Wendy said she ran out of it by Brookings, but we had very little at home.  Then Cori and I went to Monte for some hair and nail therapy.  :)  Very much needed.  Went a little lighter this time.
We picked up Chinese while we were there, so enjoyed that supper!!  Wednesday Orrin and I had to go in for our taxes.  That is done (except the check being sent, :( ) for another year.  And last night we decided to go into Canby to see the new theater.  We went to Fast and Furious 7.  Hmmm.  Not my choice normally, but it actually wasn't too bad.  Lots of noise (they could have turned the volume down) but no bad language and no sex scenes.  Riley even fell asleep.  Isaiah thought it was super.  Orrin stayed awake so that's a review of sorts.   The theater looks great!  It's so nice to have that in town again.  The city bought it and through donations, grants and lots of volunteer labor have restored it, including the outside marquee.

Brother/sisterly love there.  We are just enjoying the heck out of having these guys here.  Cori was able to stay until tomorrow.  Thank you Josh, for sharing them.  :)

Well, they are waiting for their breakfast (I made pancakes) so I'd better go get that done.
It has been such an eventful week, I'll hang on to those memories for some time.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Love, Orrin, Linda, Cori, Isaiah, Riley and Teddy.

 "God, I pray that the roots of my being be firmly and deeply planted in You. You are able to do far above and beyond anything that I can ever dare to hope, ask, or even think. So, no matter what my circumstances may be, no matter how desperate it may seem, I refused to give up hope. You can change hearts, heal a sick body, rekindle a marriage, and restore finances. You can feed five thousand people with a little boy's lunch, walk on water and read men's hearts. No matter how bad things may look, I know things will change for the better. If I do what I can do, Lord, I know You will do what I cannot do. The enemy cannot defeat me because I refuse to stop hoping in You. Lord, You can take my mess and turn it into a miracle. You can work it all out for my good. All things are possible with You. In Jesus' name, Amen."

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful prayer. I may copy and use it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathy, feel free, I copied it to begin with!!

    ReplyDelete