Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Another quiet day in the country.  Sort of.  Orrin had run out of clean work clothes, so I went down and started some laundry.  Whew!  I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd done any.  I think it's been over 2 weeks!  So that's where a good part of my day has been spent.  And tomorrow as well, I'm sure.

Teddy and I did take a walk this morning.  He found a dead squirrel on the side of the road, so it was a bit hard to keep him going.  He kept pulling to go back to it.  On the way back, I often take off the leash so he can run back to the house.  Bad idea. . . he ran back to the squirrel instead!  Silly dog!  I had planned to take another short walk this afternoon, but didn't get to it.

My tulips are coming up, guess I'd better spend some time out there cleaning off the flower beds.  The spring goes by so fast, and it's so nice now it would be a perfect time for it.  It was over 70 today and wonder of wonders, no wind!  No rain either, but there is supposed to be some coming.

Getting back to the walking thing, I ordered a Garmin vivofit from Amazon today, it was their deal of the day, and I'd been looking at that.  Cori has that model, and Wendy has a similar thing.  I was interested in the sleep monitor part of it.  It also said that it monitors steps taken, and if you don't move, it tells you to move!  It also will sort of challenge you to  increase your steps.  We'll see how it works.  You're supposed to be able to get it wet, even take a shower with it on.  Don't think I'll be doing that.

Orrin had a service call this afternoon.  Someone stopped and was looking for him.  I wasn't able to help him (I don't know if I even have a key to the shop) so I called him on his cell.  Surprise!! A lady answered.  He had left his phone on the tractor he had looked at on the service call!  The gentleman said he would bring it over in the morning.

And that's about as exciting as it got today.  

Good night, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

O Lord, my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.  Psalm 302

 

No comments:

Post a Comment