Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ash Wednesday and Thursday morning February 18, 2015

Good morning!  After we got home last night I was just too tired to get on here to type this up.  So hopefully I'll do better when I'm bright eyed and chipper!

It was a busy day.  I drove over to St. Martin's for women's bible study at 8:30.  We're a small group, but we have some good discussions.  Jody Hahnke leads it, and there is a nice, mixed (ages) bunch of ladies.  We're working from the book "Having a Mary Spirit".  I do recommend it, it sure gives me a lot of food for thought.  I love the positive feelings from these ladies. 

I stopped at HyVee, because, you know, I was in town!  And it was senior citizen day, lol.  I think I did more visiting than shopping, as I bumped into several people I knew.  I took one of those small carts, thinking it would keep my purchases down, but somehow that thing got full!  I saw Cheryl Geise, who I hadn't seen for quite a while, and then some people from church.  Apparently everyone likes sr. day, because it's pretty busy then!

Headed home, and made it for lunch, which was good, since I had picked up a sub for us to share.  Got a few things done, and then it was time to turn around and head west again!!  First service was at 4, with soup supper following between services.  Pastor Lindhorst preached, he is the new Director of Mission Advancement (taking over for Pastor Geiger as he goes into semi retirement).  We weren't out of church until 5:30!  

I had hoped to get up to Graceville today, I haven't been there for a while.  But now the refrigerator repairman is coming to take a look at our fridge, so I'd better stick around.  

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.  He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life."  Titus 3:4-7

Have a great Wednesday!  Orrin, Linda and Teddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment