Friday, July 17, 2015

July 17, 2015

Hi!  Sorry to have been MIA for a few days.  Truthfully, I've not done much exciting or even interesting.  I've had a few blue days, just too many thoughts crowding in.  Hopefully it will improve.

Ted and I did take a walk yesterday, before it was too hot.  We walked as far as the stinky turkey stuff, and then turned around.  I think next time we will head the other direction because they really do smell!

Orrin and I have been following the 2015 Open from Scotland.  That is interesting.  That is one course that we would probably not even be able to tackle!  And the weather!  Wow, I thought Minnesota was challenging!

Here's a close up of the apple tree, I think it will surpass other years yet again!  I'm hoping we will still have volunteers to help pick come October.

Do you see all the baby apples?  Granted, we will lose a few to wind and stuff, but think there will still be plenty.

Today we headed out to Morris for Leroy's funeral.  It was in Morris with burial in the Chokio cemetery.  It was nice to see all the kids and also Pearl.  There weren't a lot of people there, but I guess there were quite a few at the visitation the night before.  We had never met the spouses or the children before, very rarely saw any of them actually.  Jill lives in Tijuana!!  Joan lives not too far from Chris.  And Dean and Carter are over by the cities, Annandale, I think.  That's where Leroy had been in his retirement.  The four kids sang "Precious Lord, Take My Hand" for the service and it was beautiful.  I had no idea they had that kind of talent.  

Then one with Ruth and I included.

The Vogt clan's footprint is getting smaller and smaller!  I shared a few anecdotes about the Diers' that mother had told me.  I remember the first time I met Pearl, Leroy rode up on a motorcycle with her when we were living in  Johnson!  He wanted to introduce her to Uncle Louis and Aunt Gretchen.  

We did drive out to the cemetery, we'd only been there once before.  We tracked down the Vogt plots.  The last time I'd been there it was very cold and windy.

Then we stopped in Dawson for Orrin's chiropractic appointment.  He seems to be having luck with this dr. so I decided to try it.  He's very thorough! We had been more used to the plunger type of treatment.  Well, Jordan does more manipulation and massage type.  It really felt good, bordering on painful at times!  I think it will help the aches and pains, though.

And that's about it.  Have a great evening.  Tomorrow will find us in Mitchell for Eli's ball games and will stay over into Sunday.  I'm not sure if I'll post, but will take my tablet along and if it works out, I will.

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy.


A sad widow told her daughters-in-law that she had decided to go back to Israel: “‘Don’t call me Naomi,’ she told them. ‘Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter. I went away full, but the LORD has brought me back empty’” (Ruth 1:20,21).
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment