Sunday, March 20, 2016

Palm Sunday, March 20, 2016

Oh, my I was reminded today that I hadn't blogged for a long time, so I checked it out. All I can say is ARGHHH!! So sorry. Let me get this ball rolling again, please. If I had a reasonable excuse I would give it, but I don't.

We went to early church this morning, it was a wonderful service. The grade school children sang "Hosanna In The Streets" and did a marvelous rendition. The music director really does an amazing job with all of the groups. The children marched in with palms and then went to the balcony for the music. Other years they would hand out palms and anyone that wanted to could walk up the aisle with them. I think we like it this way better.

After church there was bible study, we made it through 1 chapter of 2 Corinthians. Wednesday morning we had women's bible study and really had a lively discussion, I love it when ideas and feelings are exchanged. We have a nice mix for women's study, of all ages. 

After bible study today we went to the DQ for lunch with Terry and Kathy, and from there we separated. The men went to the gun show and Kathy and I went to the craft show at the mall. There certainly weren't the # of exhibitors that they had in the past, but there was a nice bunch of displays. There was a jewelry maker from Fargo that I was especially drawn to, and brought home a  necklace and earring set and a few pairs of earrings. Orrin was thrilled. 

We were done at the mall long before the guys, so we headed to Krause's where Kathy and I got in a couple games of Scrabble. Her experience with it sure showed, she tromped me in the first game. In  my defense, I had mostly 1 point words and a lot of vowels. The second game was more even, I took an early lead and it was neck and neck to the end. When Kathy won.  :(

She had a roast in the slow cooker all day, so it was decided that we would have supper with them. It was great, mashed potatoes, corn, roast beef, all of the good stuff. And I felt stuffed afterwards. At that point, we realized we'd better get home as Teddy had been home along all day.

He was a good fellow though, and didn't make any kind of a mess. He was pretty anxious to get out the door though. This morning when I put him out, he was acting kind of anxious so I thought I'd better see what was up. I stepped out and immediately heard the yipping of coyote over by the grove. I didn't let him out very long and he was happy to get inside again. I'm always afraid he will try to chase after them, and he would make a nice, tasty meal for them. Of course, he thinks he's the mighty hunter, so it's always a worry!!

It would be hard to fill in the last several days (weeks?) so I won't try. Most of them were not all that interesting. I am woefully behind on my birthday cards, I do apologize, they will get out this week!!!  I did waste a whole day reading a mystery.

And I believe that is it for tonight. I won't make promises, but will definitely try harder to keep this active. We hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed." Mark 1:35

 

No comments:

Post a Comment