Thursday, August 20, 2015

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hi, I'm finally sitting down and posting, sorry for the lapse.  Just kind of same old, same old.

Monday night was CRS club.  Darlyne had it so it was close to home.  We had fun as always.  I think my penny box was a little emptier, but next time I'll probably fill it again!  I caught up on some news, seems that and craft club are the only times I get to do that. 

Tuesday afternoon was Treadlers.  It started out with a very rainy morning.  It just kept on. . . .all day!  I told Orrin I'd take the Buick and put gas in.  Well, I did that, but silly me, I hadn't worn a jacket, so I got soaked.  The station had canopies, but they were too high up to do any good.  Oh, well, I dried off.  And I don't worry much about my hair!!  :)  (shown below)


I don't do selfies very well.  Someone had commented on my Facebook cover photo and I realized it was around 8 years old, so thought I'd update. 

We always have a nice meal after working at Treadlers and then I headed home.  We ended up with 4" of rain.

Yesterday was just a regular day.  I did a little laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and started reading a book.  We did have a little warm up and some sunshine.

Today I just couldn't seem to get a good start.  I did get a morning walk in with Teddy.  We finally had some sunshine all day.  It was just a pleasant day.  Our landline hadn't been working and we called it in Monday.  Someone finally came out today.  He worked on it all afternoon, with Orrin helping.  It finally rings through, but one of the phones turned out to be no good.  And now the one by Orrin's chair isn't working.  We're wondering if that lightning strike and power outage a week ago had something to do with it.  I rarely use that phone, we really only keep it for the shop, so we didn't even realize it wasn't working right away.  Well, anyway, the phone in the kitchen is working now (Orrin had a call a minute ago!)  I'm working on that book yet, I think I'll finish it tonight.  Had a nice visit with Wendy, I think it's been a few weeks since we've talked.

And that's about it.  One of these days I'll post before and after pictures of this area.  I have the before one, still working on the after!

Hugs,  Orrin, Linda and Teddy

Now, I find this disturbing -

Mothers never really die, they just keep house in the sky,
They polish the sun by day and light the stars that shine at night,
Keep the moonbeams silvery bright,
And in the heavenly home above,
They wait to welcome those they love.

I find this disturbing because. . . while many I loved would fit that, I really don't want to have to keep house in heaven too!!  (posted on my Facebook page)

1 comment: