Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 16, 2015 the day after (15th) Terry and Kathy's anniversary

We were packed and ready to leave the resort by 8:30 yesterday.  We met in Brandon and Grandma Patty's restaurant for breakfast and our last chance to visit for the week.  After our meal we all said our goodbyes and left for our respective homes.  Sniff, sniff.  But we are all so thankful for the time and opportunity to be together for the week.  
We did book for next year, it will be August 13-20 in 2016, so a week later, because of the way the weeks fall.  There is a very slight possibility that we could get cabins 2 weeks earlier, so look at your calendars and let us know by January if that would work.  Remember, I said a slight possibility.  We did get a 4th cabin, because if everyone can make it, we almost need that.  We send the deposit in January, so we'd have to have some idea by then.  
We made it home about 1:30, we had stopped at the DQ in Dawson for lunch.  Orrin brought in all the boxes, etc. while I ran over and got the shaggy dog.  Who isn't shaggy now, because he was groomed!  Vicki was boarding another dog that looked very much like Teddy, and she was getting attention from me.  Teddy was still getting groomed, and when he saw that he had to jump off the table and put a stop to that!  He is a very jealous dog.  Silly guy.  
We are missing all our our little people already.  Especially that little girl that demanded attention and bossed us all around!  The little boys did so well this last week, and really got to know each other.  And the big boys were wonderful in helping, too.  The fish fries were yummy.
When I got home I was just exhausted and so was Orrin.  We watched the PGA championship golf, and took naps!  Jordan really came back Saturday.  He was up to second place by today's round.  Jason Day did win, he had a large lead, but Jordan was second.  And in doing that, he is now #1 ranked golfer in the world!  at 22!  It's just fun to watch him play, especially his putting.  I know it probably sound boring to most of you, but we enjoyed it.  Even though that was one thing we didn't get done last week, was a round of golf.  
Early service this morning, and afterward we went to Minerva's with Krause's and Draeger's to celebrate Terry and Kathy's 44th anniversary.  When I read Kathy's blog last night and realized that it was their anniversary, I quickly made them a card.  I think they were going to the movies after brunch, but we decided to come home and finish unpacking.  I hadn't touched any of the boxes.  I got them all unpacked and most everything put away.  
Last night we had another thunderstorm pass through after midnight.  We got 1" of rain with that, and the tv seemed wacko when we woke up.  When we got home this afternoon, we rebooted the receiver and it seems fine now.  It was raining in Watertown and all the way home, we got another .2" from that.  My poor flowers were looking pretty bad when we got home, so I'm hoping this will revive them.  
Tomorrow I'll have to run into town for the mail and then we have chiro appointments in the afternoon.  After sleeping in cabins this last week, we can really use that!
Just a couple more pictures from the last week that I'm not sure if I'd shared. If I have, you get to see them twice!  LOL

And an anniversary card.
And that's all for tonight.

Orrin, Linda and Teddy

At my lowest, God is my Hope,
At my darkest, God is my Light,
At my weakest, God is my Strength,
At my saddest, God is my Comforter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment