Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday, August 31, 2015

Well, another month over with. . .where do the days go?
Yesterday we went to early service as usual.  It was the 5th Sunday of the month and often we have a song service then.  There were 10 hymns with bible verses in between.  We can suggest hymns the month prior to this, and 2 of the hymns that I had requested were sung, 2 that I really love. . . In Christ Alone, and On Eagles' Wings.  I really love this service, wish it would come around more often.  Pastor also had a prayer for the group that Kathy is going to Romania with.  They leave Wednesday for 2 weeks, it's a humanitarian mission.  Very brave of them all!

After service we had a few things to pick up at WalMart, and then met Kathy and Terry for lunch at Culver's.  Yum.  Had a few things on the list for HyVee, so made that stop and then headed home.  For some reason I was really tired when we got home, so took a nap.  Orrin picked up apples, there were quite a few windfalls already.  I had told him I would help, so I felt guilty about sleeping through it.  

After a popcorn supper !! I did quite a bit of stamping to get ready for craft club Tuesday night.  

This morning I woke up with more energy.  Ted and I had our morning walk and it was cool enough to wear the bright orange jacket.  We're pushing it a little further each day.  Then I got several loads of clothes done during the day, and decided to make bread again.  I used the buttermilk/honey recipe and made on loaf of bread and one pan of caramel rolls.  This is the same one I used the time the power went out and they had raised to 3 times the size they should have.  Anyway, this time all went well and they turned out really good.  I should have used a deeper pan, as the caramel cooked over a bit and messed up the oven.  So I was able to try out the self clean feature on the top oven.  I love the 2 ovens!  And there was an interesting odor in the house today.  But they tasted good!  I also did a little more stamping.

Also heard this morning on FB that the sale barn in Watertown burned down.  Kathy works there one day a week.  It was a pretty big fire.

This afternoon we had appointments at the chiropractor again, things are going really well there, think we can change to every two weeks next time.  And of course, had lunch at the DQ.  Then came home and watched a pretty good movie and are watching another one.  Such an exciting life!

And poor teddy, the excitement was just too much for him. . . haha!





In and hour, sunflower! Hugs, Orrin, Linda and poor tired Teddy


Goodbye August Hello September, please be a good month and bring smiles and happiness to family and friends.

 
 

1 comment: