Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 4, 2015

Time to catch up here.  Sorry, just not too exciting for the last few days.  :(

Let's see, Sunday was church, but no bible study in August.  We went to the Roadhouse for breakfast, and then a quick stop at WalMart before heading home again.  Orrin worked on getting the boat ready for the lake, and I took a nap.  

Monday was a normal day around here.  I got the birdfeeders full and also watered my flower pots, and put water in the birdbath.  I was surprised to see about 4 birds splashing and playing in the water!  It was fun to watch them. I didn't try for a picture, because the minute I open the door they fly off.  I had another appointment with the chiropractor, I almost dread them, but it really is helping. I guess I just had a lot of knots in my neck and shoulder.  Then it was craft club last night at Ingrid's.  We filled back to school bags for needy kids, which was kind of fun.  We all agreed it was a good idea, since we really didn't need any more crafted items!  

This morning I was up early and headed to Montevideo for my mani/pedi.  They're digging up the street in front of the salon, so that was a mess to deal with.  I'm talking sidewalk and all, right up to the windows!  Kind of nerve wracking, wondering if that shovel was going to come through the window.  Shannon had done my mani and was working on the pedi when I asked when Dori was coming in.  She said, "oh, Dori is on vacation this week".  I said, but I'm supposed to have a haircut!  Apparently, somehow, that was overlooked.  Anyway, Shannon said she could skip the foot massage, and give me a trim. I said that would be wonderful! She did a great job, and I really appreciated it.

I had put a pork roast and a beef roast in the pokey pot this morning, so that was our supper.  Then I made pulled pork and pulled beef and put that in the freezer for next week.  I had found a new bread recipe online, so thought I'd try that.  It's a white honey bread.  I just pulled it out of the oven, so we'll see what it's like. I haven't baked bread in a very long time.  And there is nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread!

And that's it for today.  Tomorrow I'll start packing.  Oh, I did chat with Dan and he said that he and the boys would be coming for part of the week.  Yay!!  Hopefully, Wendy and Tim will let Matthew come with Cori so he can play with his cousins.  These years will go by so very fast.  Seems like yesterday when we went to The Village with the Vogts and the cousins could spend time together then.  And now they're all grown and many are married. And Robert, Shirley, and Jane have all passed on.  Things can change so fast.

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking…You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:17, 22-4

 

No comments:

Post a Comment