Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - Veteran's Day!!

Hello, surprise!!  Whenever it's Veteran's Day, I always think of mother's story of going to Jabbo Westerman's wedding.  In those days, the reception was held at the home. Well, anyway, this was 75 years ago, the day of the great Armistice Day storm.  The bridal party and all the guests were stormed in for several days!  What a way to spend a honeymoon.  Since then, the day has been retitled Veteran's Day.  Mom and Dad had so many good stories, I wish I had recorded more of them.

It was a very gloomy day today, but at least no storm! We are supposed to get strong winds later, but I don't think we'll be getting any moisture.  Maybe our family in Rapid City will get some?  Probably for sure in the hills out there.

I went over to Montevideo this afternoon to get my hair cut and my nails done. That always feels good.  I misread the time, so I was there an hour early.  Of course, the library was not open, so what to do? Not much else in Monte but go to WalMart.  I found my favorite Christmas Oreo cookies, the ones covered in white fudge, so it was not a total waste, LOL.  

Orrin was surprised to get a call from the dentist that is denture was back and fixed, so he has his teeth back! He had broken one on Saturday, and of course, that has to be sent in.  I'm always happy to see his teeth back in, too.  

  Just a picture of a card that I had fun  making.  The verse is "Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened!"

And that's all folks!  Stay warm!

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy 

 
"Cast all your worries on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

1 comment:

  1. We've had 1/2" so far.
    At least I can see the pictures now, but they are quite small, so I can't make out much. What does the front of the card say?

    ReplyDelete