Saturday, October 3, 2015

Saturday morning, October 3, 2015

Well, I tried to do better but just marginally!  I guess I have to just make myself post every night even if we didn't do anything eventful during the day.  Mostly because by the time too many days roll around, I've forgotten what we've done.

Yesterday was Jane and Gene's 59th anniversary.  I came across a family picture from 1960 the other day, of Oma and Opa, Robert, Jane and I, just took my breath away for a bit.  We will all be together again some day. 

We're getting ready to go to Great Plains today for Octoberfest.  I made 2 apple pies to take, so we'll go this morning.  It's from 1-6.  I made 3 pies last night, and will keep one home for us.  :)  It's always a good time and a wonderful fund raiser for the school.  

It's soon getting to be time to pick apples again.  We haven't had a good frost yet, but it's getting closer.  It was in the high 30's this morning.  I hope we'll have some helpers again this year.  We've lost quite a few to windfall this year, but there are still a lot in the tree.  We found out when we were at Wendy's that our crab apple trees are enough to pollinate our big tree. We had wondered about that, since it's a long apple tree. We went to the Jolly Lane nursery there, and talked to them for a while, and got lots of good information.  I came home with a new hanging houseplant, a goldfish plant.  It's really pretty.  I'll add a picture.  Which brings up another question.  Alan said he wasn't getting my pictures to come up.  And when I asked Kathy she said they weren't coming up for her anymore either.  How about the rest of you?  Please comment to let me know.  I've been using my phone through google to add pictures, I may  have to figure something else out.  And please do feel free to comment, there's a place to do that at the bottom of the blog.  Comment on anything, good, bad or indifferent!

Monday I had club here and that was fun.  One long time member dropped out, so we are down to 7 now.  7 old ladies just having a good time!  Got the house in pretty good order.  I still have work to do upstairs, but will take a break for now.  The rest of the week was just work as usual.  Made some bread one day, and baked pies yesterday.  

And not much else to add, this next week should be busier.  I did some stamping of images and was going to start doing some coloring, but haven't gotten that accomplished yet.  It's so easy now, with my little corner all set up!

Here's a picture of our Treadlers group, and also of my new plant.








And that's all for now, will add more later.  Hugs,
Orrin, Linda and Teddy


For some reason, Proverbs 11:25 came to my mind where God tells us that “a generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”


 

5 comments:

  1. These pictures I see. I still don't see the last post pictures. You must have done something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm not seeing them either. I did right after you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that, not sure what happened to my post,,,,anyway, I haven't been able to see pictures the last couple posts. Wendy

      Delete