Thursday, October 8, 2015

October 8, 2015

Brr, it's still chilly, we aren't seeing any signs of that warm up they talked about.  Maybe by Saturday.  It is October, so I don't know what I'm expecting!

I've heard from several people that they aren't getting the pictures I post.  Please let me know if you are or aren't.  I haven't been doing anything different, I think it must be something with google +.  I'll have to mess around and see if I can come up with a different way of posting them.

It's been a busy couple of days.  Tuesday morning I  had book club in town.  They've finally gotten that street tarred, so I could actually drive up to the library!  Yay!  We discussed "Home Front" by Kristin Hannah. I had listened to this book when I was working and it was very good.  Very emotional.  She has written several excellent books.  We had a large group, more than usual.  We went to Subway for lunch afterwards.  Then I headed home, made a couple cards, and off to Trinity Treadlers!  We're getting close to the sale day, it's the 15th.  So many things to finish up and discuss.  These are some of the Treadler ladies.




When I got home, Zach called, so we were able to wish him happy birthday!  We had a nice visit with him.  

Yesterday, Ted and I went on a walk, which we hadn't done for over a week!  He was thrilled.  When we got back, I grabbed a bucket and picked up some of the windfalls.  Orrin thought that was silly since there are still so many on the tree, but it bothered me that they were going to waste.  Then I made some bread, making one loaf of regular bread, one loaf of cinnamon bread, and a pan of caramel rolls.  After that, I did my magic with the apple peeler and took care of the apples.  After we had supper, I made a pan of apple bars.  I was ready to be off my feet by the end of the day.  Some of it went into the freezer for the sale next week, and some into the fridge for us to enjoy!

Today's been rather quiet.  I've done some card making, and some cleaning up and that's about it.  When I went outside, it was windy and chilly, so didn't do the walk.  Orrin needed me to run to town, so I took the Buick and Teddy rode along.  When I stopped at Jim's, he jumped over me and out of the car.  I think he thought we were at Vicki's!! He ran to a young girl who brought him back to the car, silly dog!  He would have come back when I called him, but it was nice that she caught him.  

And now I have a roast in the pokey pot for supper, so should go do something about that.  Have a great day!

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy

See you later, alligator

 Jesus said, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

 

1 comment: