Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015

Happy October!  Where has the summer gone? Why do we ask that, when we know it's just rushed by.  It sure turned chilly here, though it's supposed to get warm again by the weekend.  They're even talking about getting to the 80's, if you can believe it!  We're not so patiently waiting for a good frost so we can pick our apples.  I'm going to have to watch the windfalls and use the ones that are fit.  We can't believe the number of windfalls we've already thrown out this year.

I had craft club tonight, which is always fun, and when I came home the coyotes were really howling to the west.  So Teddy will be going out on the lead again for a while.  I don't think he could outrun them.  And I'm not sure he's smart enough to stay away from them.  :(

We went to Octoberfest at Great Plains on Saturday.  They had a pretty good crowd and lots of items.  Orrin was watching for a rifle, but the one they had went pretty high.  Jeremy was wanting one.  So we'll have to check around.  It is a fund raiser, so there aren't any bargains as a rule.  Scott Gillespie was the auctioneer again, and he does a good job.  I visited with his mom, Marilyn for a little while.  I did get some honey, which is one of the things I wanted, as the bread I make uses honey.  

Sunday we went to early service and bible study again, but since we had been in town on Saturday, we didn't have any errands, so we went home right after eating lunch.  Later in the day, Terry and Kathy came over to pick up the tractor (again).  Hopefully, the problem is taken care of this time.  They brought some more  honey!!  So Wendy, if you want some, let me know.

Today was just a normal (for us) day, nothing exciting.  Tomorrow will be busy, with book club in the morning and Treadlers in the afternoon.  I did get a couple of cards in the mail this morning.  Zach's birthday is tomorrow and I sent one out for birthday club.  I colored some tonight at craft club, so I can finish them in the morning.

And that's all from here!  Be sweet, parakeet!

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy.
 
Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
(Ac 2:38–39, NIV 2011).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment