Monday, September 14, 2015

Monday, September 14, 2015

Here I am, a few days later again!  My intentions each night were to blog just a little bit, but somehow that doesn't always happen.  And then there is so much to remember.  Because you know my life is such a whirlwind!  haha

Friday, after my trip to Watertown, I did stop in Clear Lake to meet up with some EMPI friends for a nice long visit.  It was so much fun, I hadn't seen most of them since I left that day last July.  There was so much to catch up on, especially with the major layoff of a few weeks ago.  I hope we do it again in the not too distant future.  Let's see, there were 8 of us plus Rose, who waited on us.  What I miss most about working is the social part of it, so it was super to do some of the socializing again!

Saturday was just a quiet day, didn't do anything too exciting.  I continue with my cleaning and organizing, my hope is to get the computer area done this week before we leave for Rapid City.  I am on a throwing away frenzy, it's amazing how much "stuff" can be accumulated.  Some of it I can't even identify!  I'm raising a little dust, so a lot of sneezing is going on.

Sunday we were up for early service and our first bible study for this year.  It's comforting to get back in that schedule.  We ate Chinese with Rose and Al and Terry afterwards, and then just headed right home.  We both had long naps.  Then the phone rang, and Terry was bringing his tractor over.  Well, turned out he was laying out in the ditch waiting for his ride to pick him up!  We don't notice much on the north side of the house, usually we're in the family room to the south.  Anyway, they came to the door, Pete wanted to ask Orrin a question.  I had just made a simple supper of leftovers, so couldn't even invite them in for that.  So sorry.  First night of Dancing With the Stars, there's quite a strange group this season.

Today Ted and I got our walk in again.  My tummy has been acting kind of weird, so haven't felt like getting too far from the house.  Then I really dug into the paperwork here, and got almost all of the filing out of the way.  Again, much was discarded.  I cleaned off the desk, and moved my markers in here.  I have a computer, keyboard and monitor if anyone would like it?  It's one that I won at EMPI and has XP on it.  It would be fine for kids or for gaming or whatever.  Just let me know if you're interested.  Tonight I made Hamburger Chow Mein, where are our unexpected guests now?  By the end of the week I am going to post before and after pictures of this room.  I should clean out Teddy's toys, too, but which ones should I throw?  He pulls different ones out all the time.

And with that -  Let's Jam, Sam!

Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy. 

Romans 8:28
'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.'

No comments:

Post a Comment