Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunday, December 13, 2015 Justin's 16th birthday!!

Good evening! I mean to sit down and write every day, but somehow that hasn't been happening! We have been busy here.
I've made 9 different types of Christmas cookies, now I'm ready to pack them into containers for the family. I made pfefferneuse too, for Wendy! I took an assortment to bible study this morning, they went over well.
I have my Christmas letter written, it's rather short this year. But we haven't sent one in a long time. My cards are cut and the sentiments are stamped, I just have to finish the fronts. I printed out the return labels. I should be getting most of them in the mail this week. Wow, I'm impressed with myself. haha
We just finished running distilled water through the distiller to get it cleaned out prior to starting it. Now it has to run for 24 hours and then we will have distilled water! We've only had the thing for about 3 months, without getting it running. Orrin still has to hook it up to the faucet up here so I can turn it on for distilled water from the tap! Love it.
We went to early service this morning and then bible study. My Rohloff led the class today. Not sure if I spelled that right. We visited a little afterward and discovered that his wife Sarah, is an aunt of Steve Kruschel! It is a small WELS world after all. They are going to WI this week to see her parents, they are both very ill and close to going to meet their Saviour. 
It's too hard to even think of what we've been up to the last few weeks, this is why I should keep current with this blog. I've been working on stamping, coloring and cards. We had our Treadlers Christmas party last Tuesday, and our craft club Christmas party last Sunday. Those are really the only parties we have to go to this year. 
We're going to Dan's on Thursday, hoping that the weather co-operates for us. We'll probably come home again on Monday. Jeremy and Laura have graciously agreed to let us spend the night there on Wednesday, so we can get an early start on Thursday morning.
We're hoping to stop at Al and Lisa's on the way home. We're not sure yet where we'll be spending Christmas. Either in Rapid City or in Gibbon.
Wendy and family, Al and family and Jeremy and family were here for Thanksgiving. We had such a good time with them all! Eugene drove down for the day, we were happy to have him join us. The men played some euchre, shades of old times! We played games and Friday the guys were outside shooting guns. Jeremy had smoked a turkey and I made a ham, and Wendy brought potatoes, we all ate well. :)
I'm hoping that I'm better about this from now on. Have a great week in the Lord!
Hugs, Orrin, Linda and Teddy.

 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” - Galatians 6:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment